Error message: Skype EAccess Violation in module Skype.exe at 0002E0F6

Discussion in 'Software' started by alluringamericas, Aug 7, 2010.

1. alluringamericas

alluringamericas Private E-2

Help. I recently installed latest version of Skype (version 4.2) and program will not launch. I get the following error message

Exception EAccess Violation in module Skype.exe at 0002E0F6. Access violation at address 0042E0F6 in module 'skype.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

Uninstalled Skype using Revo Uninstaller and used their Advanced mode to clean out any leftover files in registry and folders. Then used Error Fix registry cleaner to clean out system. Have Avast! Internet Security version 5.0 (not using its firewall function) and Zonealarm Pro firewall. Have Windows XP.

Re-installed Skype and still get above error. Program will not launch nor install properly. How can I fix this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows Service Pack is your XP?

If you disable ZoneAlarm Firewall does it work ok?
    Try booting to safe mode (F8 at boot and choose Safe Mode with networking) and see if it works?

This I have noticed seems to be an bug in the latest version of Skype for some users, so did the older version (older versions HERE) of Skype work ok before you updated? if so I would be tempted to re-install that or test the beta version of Skype 5 HERE

I would also update to the latest Adobe version HERE also update Shockwave HERE

and Java HERE[/QUOTE]

3. alluringamericas

Hi Halo
    Thanks for your reply. I have Windows XP Service Pack 3. The older versions of Skype worked. I am going to try all of your suggestions and promise to report back. The only thing I may not be able to do is update Java because some of my other applications don't work well with the latest Java. I have Java 6 Update 20. I believe latest version is Update 21 which does not work with a major applicable I use.

4. alluringamericas

Halo, I did everything you suggested. Problem persists both with older version of Skype and the new Beta version. With new version, the error now says Exception EAccessviolation in module skype.exe at 0002E353. Access violation at address 0042E35E in module 'skype.exe'. Read of address 00000000. Any other suggestions?
    i ran antivirus scans and antimalware scans. No problems found. Wonder if I should do a boot scan with my antivirus program? Appreciate any help you or anyone could give.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds