Error message: this document failed to print.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sqeeks, May 13, 2008.

1. sqeeks

sqeeks Private E-2

:yum I have installed the canon ir3100c EUR PS3 driver for the canon ir3100cn print device on my xp computer.

On printing a test page the error message, this document failed to print occurred.
    The print device has its own tcp/ip port across a network.

I was told this print device was installed on a linux computer across the same network and it worked fine. Any help will be much appreciated

2. sqeeks

sqeeks Private E-2

Hi TxTazDad,
    :confused Do you mean adding a printer (the icon) in printers and faxes, coz I did that, using the printer wizard, entering the IP address of the printer, selecting the manufacturer and model to install the software/drivers.
    But when the wizard tries to print a test page and when I try to print some text using notepad the “this document failed to print “ error pops up.
    I find this weird and I am puzzled as to what going on.
    Thanks

3. sqeeks

sqeeks Private E-2

Hi, I’ve shared and then removed the canon printer from the apple Mac Os X (and not Linux apparently) then reinstalled on both occasion the canon on my XP and still get the error??!?*!?**!?

4. sqeeks

sqeeks Private E-2

yes i can with no lost packets.

5. sqeeks

sqeeks Private E-2

yes it is a domain enviroment, the ips for the printer, xp and the apple are all the same except for the last number.

6. sqeeks

sqeeks Private E-2

yes it is.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds