Error Message When Game Loads

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tweety1964, May 19, 2012.

1. Tweety1964

Tweety1964 Private First Class

Could someone please explain this error message to me and maybe how to fix it? I recently purchased NatGeo: Mystery of Cleopatra with bonus game Herod's Lost Tomb. I had absolutely NO trouble whatsoever installing the games OR getting Herod's to load, but when I try to play Mystery of Cleopatra, I get this error message:

Mystery of Cleopatra:MysteryofCleopatra.exe--Application Error. The instruction at "0xffff055d" referenced at "0xffff055d." The memory could not be "read." Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

I have tried to contact Tech Support (www.valusoftsupport.com), but for some reason, no matter what computer/ISP I use, the website always comes up "cannot be found." I was told this IS the correct web address, but I'll be geeked if I know why it won't work.

I am using Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Check that your Windows XP Sp3 is fully upto date with all udpates etc, then also check to see if your graphics card has an update driver.

This company HERE deals with that game so worth an email to their support team.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds