Error message when opening media center

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rod Buchanan, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Rod Buchanan

Rod Buchanan Private E-2

When I recently formatted and reloaded windows on my custom PC I used a disk from daughters emachine not thinking it would make a difference.
    I get the error message "Your video card or drivers are not compatible with Media Center" error message when you start Media Center in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    The disk was from an E Machine. Any suggestions aside from not to do that again?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its very likely you have wrong drivers for graphic card on your PC, running disks from OEM manufacturers is not always best thing as they customise the install and load drivers and files that are just for their PCs.

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks and if so by what?

As your PC is a custom build, please run the below as we will need to know what Motherboard and Graphic card is being used in your PC to get you the correct drivers, the 1st ones to install are the chipset but we will know which ones once you attach the Everest log.

3. Rod Buchanan

Rod Buchanan Private E-2

I do not have any yellow check marks or any yellow marks of any kind.
    I downloaded Everest ran it and attached summary.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds