Error messages - Please help me

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jiggerit, Nov 14, 2004.

1. jiggerit

jiggerit Private E-2

I moved from the UK a year to live in Spain. I had help in the UK if there was a problem with my PC, but not so here and now I keep getting error messages.

My PC is about 4 years old and I use Windows ME operating system.
    I am no longer able to defrag my system, it just sits there doing nothing.
    The 'restore system' doesn't work.

I use Sierra Print Artist 4.5 and when I come to print it just shows 'Stack System Overflow and switches the programme off'

Web pages keep popping up from nowhere, I don't know how to stop it.

There are many more niggling problems and if I may, I will contact you later about them.

But for now I am need of some help.

Thanks in advance
    p.s. I am not that good with the technicalities of PC's

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

it sounds like you may have spyware ... dl spybot and adaware ... also you may want to consider upgrading from ME, cause it has so many bugs that microsoft no longer supports it and is likely to be the source of many of your computer troubles ... even 98SE is supported

also you may want to buy diskeeper or O&O defragger as the internal defragger isn;t very good

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds