Error Messages

Discussion in 'Software' started by Seether21, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Seether21

Seether21 Private First Class

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  3. Seether21

says I need to update my D-link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.B) but on the D-Link site it says it doesn't have my wireless card any more and If I scan for updates on my Device Manager my PC will mess up and keep reseting its self everytime I log on.

4. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

Here, go to this page (specifically for the G510 rev.B) and click on your OS type above.

Code:
    http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DWL%2DG510%5FrevB
    As a matter of fact, the first FAQ listed on that page has to do with SP3 so take a look. If I were you I would collect what I can for this device and store it with the box if you still have it so you can use it in the future even though they don't really support it any more. They make you run around to find the drivers hopeing you give up and buy a new card instead. Idiots! It makes Linksys look good huh?

I took a look at the FAQ page and it has a list of devices and updates for them but no rev.B for G510, only rev.C. I suppose thats the one you want but since it doesn't match what shows when you click on XP or Vista on the revious page I would call tech support and make sure you get the right one. What a bunch of bunk.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  5. Seether21

6. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

I really would call tech support, you can find a number somewhere in those pages I went thru to find the revB page. And while I was there I would really give them the works for dropping support on your device. You know the drill, "I paid good money for something and now its worthless" "If D-Link will not support their own products why should I buy from you next time, it will just be discontinued again" "perhaps linksys is a better choice since it seems D-Link cares only about money not their customers".

I do this stuff all the time, I give'em heck and then usually end with if you have no answer for me this is going to be the last device I buy from you guys.

I actually do have a shoot(not the real word) list on my wall, with company names like Plextor, PNY and Sony, among others, that I simply refuse to spend any of my money on. I just added Pioneer onto the list for releasing the DVR-112D to the public knowing it had a bad defect and now refusing to do anything about it. Boy I'll bet that techs face was red when I got through with him (he hung up on me), the conversation was recorded but I don't care, I didn't threaten to kill anyone but boy was I hot!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds