Error opening file folder from 'Windows Search' ???

Discussion in 'Software' started by akm, Jun 11, 2010.

1. akm

akm Sergeant

When try to right click 'open folder' from highlighted file in 'Windows Search', get a split second error message in command prompt (Dos) window, and folder will not open.

How to correct ?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Is this true of all folders you try to open?

If I may make a suggestion, windows search is next to useless, IMHO. I just did a search for a folder I know is on my XP SP3 computer. Windows search came up empty, even though I can see the shortcut to the directory on my desktop!
    I then did the search with the program I've installed and use, Search everything. I typed the first few letters in the address bar and it almost instantaneously brought up the directory and the shortcut link on my desktop.
    http://www.voidtools.com/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds