Error recovery screen loop, finally got into safe mode..help pleease

Discussion in 'Software' started by droidchica, Mar 16, 2012.

1. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

I was trying to install pda net on laptop, downloads folder was stuck open. Couldn't turn comp off couldn't exit folder nada. Finally turned off and when it restarted I was in error recovery screen. Two options given start normal or fix problem. Neither worked I then got blue screen. After many attempts I got in safe mode. Now what?

I did go to drivers and one with! is "security processor loader drive" says not working or not there. I don't know what that means.

Also in notification center it says turn on windows security center but I can. Before laptop went down I was getting error saying turn trend security on but I couldn't nor did I turn it off to begin with.

Laptop is a week old. Heeelllp please.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Since you have safe mode working try a system restore to before your installation problem. Just type System Restore in the start/search box. If a restore point is available that would be easiest.

3. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

Restore worked, now I have message that windows isn't genuine and also antispyware won't run. I just got this thing from Best Buy.I don't get it.

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

This may be due to a virus infection. If it is only a week old, I would backup any data you need and then do a factory reset. What is the make and model of the computer.

5. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

Forgive me, how do I find that info?

The model number on the sticker underneath laptop? :confused

6. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

Oh and can I do that if no disks or anything came with laptop? Sorry again, very unfamiliar with this stuff. I can fix anyones droid though lol

7. tgell

Yes, what make? HP, toshiba, Asus....? The model number should located on the bottom. If the computer has a recovery partition, you will be able to take it back to the factory state.

8. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

Asus
    Model-X54C

9. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

With Windows issue it takes me to a website that says to click in order to verify Window's is authentic. I didn't do that because I didn't know what would happen if it said it wasn't on the site to.

With the anti spyware, it says it isn't turned on. I click to turn it on, it does for a minute then is off again and I get notification. That is both Trend and Windows defender. Neither work. One of the last updates was a security update .. but I checked for updates right now and it said I am up to date.

If none of that matters please ignore

10. tgell

See the following link for factory reset. Press the F9 key during boot. I would "Recover Windows to first partition only" I would first create a restore DVD as shown in Method 2. Then do Method 1.

Everything you have added since you purchased the computer will be gone.

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...=en&p=3&m=X54C&s=362&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1775

Edit: If you still have issues after the factory restore, go back to Best Buy and demand an exchange.

11. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

Thank you very much for helping me and being patient.

You believe this is the only option I have? If so then I will do as instructed. Eek I'm scared. Wish there was another way, I was hoping I just picked the wrong point to restore it from :(

12. tgell

If you feel uncomfortable doing it, take it back to Best Buy and have them do the factory reset free of charge as it is only a week old. Actually there are not restore points unless you do a system retore from within windows which is different then doing a factory reset. But, because it is only a week old I would go with the factory reset.

13. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

I have a 12month warranty, I am praying if this doesn't work it is covered right?

I thought there would be some tech support from Asus but couldn't find any.

Thankful again for your help ..I appreciate it.

14. droidchica

droidchica Private E-2

I really don't feel comfortable, this is all another language to me. When I finally got into safe mode instead of that dang error screen, I went to restore from there and it had me pick where to restore it from. I was hoping I picked the wrong spot.

I understand rest is different...I imagine like wiping my phone ..sigh..all this from downloading a program from their website and a window freezing up. :cry

15. tgell

Yes, take it back to Best Buy and tell them what you are dealing with. If they cannot fix it, then demand an exchange. You have a 12 month warranty so there is no reason to try and do it yourself especially if you do not feel up to it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds