Error SideBySide Event ID 80

Discussion in 'Software' started by oma, Dec 31, 2014.

1. oma

oma MajorGeek

For a while I am seeing the above error in the Event Viewer daily. It has to do with CCleaner and something else as far I can see. I deleted the previous daily errors because I hate seeing any errors in the Eventviewer. But I realize it has to be fixed. Google is not helping much.

Would you know what the problem could be and how to fix it? The pic below is giving more info but I am stumped. Thanks for any answers in how to fix it.

Attached Files:

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Could you bring up the Details tab and post a screenshot of that? It may give more info.

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

I looked all over the web and forgot to check out CCleaner's support forum, DUH! I thought it was the other stuff that are interfering with CCleaner.

According to one of the posters there seems to be a bug in CCleaner and CCleaner is aware of it. Guess we better wait until it is fixed by them eh? If not, I'll be back. Thank you for the time spent mdonah! :)

4. oma

oma MajorGeek

Well, I deleted the newest CCleaner and installed an older version. That didn't work either. Did that several times. Finally I did download a fix for the Notification Area Icons Reset. Then installed the newest CCleaner.

Wouldn't you know that since then no new errors are showing in the Event Viewer? :cool

Yep. Something I did must have fixed whatever ailed it. 2 days without any SideBySide errors.
    I hope it will stick, keeping my fingers crossed.

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

oma, this SideBySide issue is interesting.

I remember seeing numerous SideBySide errors in Windows XP, but I ignored them because nothing was wrong!

I just checked Event Viewer in Windows 7 and there are 2 SideBySide problems. Both refer to amd64, even though I have an Intel 32-bit processor. Hopefully someone can shed more light on the problem.

Attached Files:

6. oma

oma MajorGeek

Eldon, your event ID is 33 unlike my event ID which is 80, thus different although SideBySide is the same.

Gotta tell that the very same error I had 2 days ago and prior came back today at 2.51pm. :( No clue what causes it to happen.

7. Eldon

8. oma

oma MajorGeek

Eldon, not sure what the errors entail. When I googled for my errors in the Event Viewer I found that it had to do something with Microsoft Visual C++ but CCleaner was saying is their bug so now I am just waiting for them to sort it out. Thing is when the last error today was at 2:51 pm I was not even on the computer.

Wished that someone would come along to explain the lower part of my pic that I posted. (the wording that is) Well if Microsoft would be more clear in their wording, things would be easier for all of us.

9. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Sounds like your redistributables are not all installed:

Uninstall everything from Visual C++ and install again the following:

Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86)
    Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)
    Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86)
    Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x64)
    Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86)
    Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x64)

Once the above are installed, install all their updates through Windows Update.

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Oma

I'm not a programmer but looking at the error you have I suspect that CCleaner 64bit is calling on a dll from the WinSXS folder first then conflicting with the 32bit version of same file as its called 2nd.

At times the error can be as a newer dll that a Windows update brings may help, one suspect is Visual C++ Redistributable may need to be latest version.

Personally I'd wait for a CCleaner update as I do note a fair bit of chatter on the Piriform forums on this.

11. Eldon

oma, it's not CCleaner. Look at my snapshots.

IObit Driver Booster, and WinCDEmu. And amd64...

From what I could establish, it has to do with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable not being installed.

12. oma

oma MajorGeek

Thanks a lot guys. :) Now we're getting somewhere.

Last night I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010x64 after googling and hoping for the best. As you can see in the pic, I've got some oldies Visual C++ hanging around. Am somewhat reluctant to uninstall all of these oldies but will leave the new one that I installed. Will check up several times during the coming days if errors will occur. So far today no new event errors showing but that can change.

Yes David, I was one of the chatter ones in CCleaner's forum. :-D

Attached Files:

13. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You don't uninstall old Visual C++. You keep them all installed.

14. oma

oma MajorGeek

Did that Plodr but added several Visual C++ 64 bit to the *oldies*(x86). Now I have a total of 10 Visual C++ showing in Programs and Features but only 8 of them showing in CCleaner. :confused But never mind that. So far so good, last error shown Jan 2. (knock wood)

15. Eldon

Could you post another snapshot of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables?

The strange thing :confused is I have CCleaner 5 installed but no Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables! And I only get a WinCDEmu SideBySide error.

16. oma

oma MajorGeek

Yesterday there were 2 of the same errors showing again. One can't win. :-D Will wait if CCleaner will fix it if it's their error. It seems that Visual C++ don't have to do anything with the errors and CCleaner but then I don't know. From what I read, SideBySide errors can show up without CCleaner and can be ignored.

17. oma

oma MajorGeek

Eldon, here is a pic. The fact that I have those C++ doesn't mean they're correct. :-D

Attached Files:

18. Eldon

You can delete no.4. No.5 is the update but, leaving it will not make any difference.

I hope you share your experience on the CCleaner Forums... it seems grandma has the same problem :-D

19. oma

oma MajorGeek

Yeppers. :highfive :-D C'est MOI.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds