Error/warning when starting new threads

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, May 2, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Lately (all day today May 2 2008, and maybe yesterday) I have been getting this error message above the text box every time I start a new thread:
    :confused What's that all about? It happens on every computer I've used today (at least 4) so I know it's not the PCs. Everything seems to be working OK but I think something is up with the MG servers; a one point today it seemed many things were getting doubled for no reason: A thread a started got doubled, and one of the replies to that thread was doubled too...
    What's going on here?

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Server soft Gremlins, pesky little creatures those are, but on serious note yes we having some issues and many thanks for sticking with us on these, we are trying to trace them down, especially the speed issue at present.

So do bare with us.

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I kind of figured it was an MG server thing... hopefully everything is OK and things get sorted out....
    Keep up the great work!
    :D :major

6. DavidGP

Done Studiot

But I feel we are not out of woods yet, need some input from Jim ( CP ) or Philipp the MGs server/coder geek on what the issues were and how fixed, to break out the bubbly just yet, but glad things are now working ok for you.

You may see the error above the post box that dlb mentions but this should not stop your post from being active.

7. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

No I did not see that particular error, just the MG border with a large black hole in the middle and a timeout message. It was like logging onto treacle.

I did take a screenshot, but it's not needed now.

Interestingly, Claranet, (my webhost) had server problems yesterday and this morning.

8. DavidGP

Yeah, we have noticed the timeouts as the admin team have posted some tracerts to see if that narrow down fault, seems random, maybe a combination of routing, server or VB software issues.

I thought it was my ISP ( o2 ) also but other sites are fine and quick, so that lets them off hook.

Will keep you all informed on this as we try to find cause and fix, again cheers for understanding that not everything goes smoothly in computing and bareing with us.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds