ERROR winspool.drv & powrprof.dll

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kry's froggy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. kry's froggy

kry's froggy Private E-2

:( I am receiving winspool.drv and powrprof.dll errors when I cut on my computer, I am running Windows ME. I read in a forum on another site of someone with simular problems and they downloaded "trojan remover" and this corrected their problems. I downloaded "trojan remover" and tried to load it and received this error:
    "General extractation error Location IMP1" We have had this computer for 5 years and I can not find the disc to it. I have tried system restore and the only date showing in restore is this past Saturdays date. Which will not help with this problem. I have tried emailing tech. support at Dell and Microsoft and it seems no one can help me from either place. I am unable to use any of my programs on my computer (such as yahoo, msn, OE...etc.) I would greatly appreciate any advise or support someone can give to me on how to resolve these problems.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Please use a colour that's easier to read.

What are the exact errors? (If you don't have a Windows CD, it makes your options limited. Try to find it)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds