Ethernet drivers (Compaq)

Discussion in 'Software' started by smbond83, Jun 20, 2008.

1. smbond83

smbond83 Private E-2

I formatted my friend's Compaq SR5130NX (it had Vista on it) and installed XP Pro. I can't find any chipset drivers or anything so I can't get it connected to the Internet.

Help!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:major Welcome to Major Geeks! Here's the links to all the drivers you need (I'm pretty sure this is all of 'em):

Audio: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_2KXP03_d4902.html
    Chipset (incl. Video, Ethernet, SMBus, and others): http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.18.html (install these first, reboot, then install the audio)

That should at least get you started. If you have other issues or need some other drivers, let us know and we'll do what we can. With so many people erasing Vista to go back to XP, it's amazing how few of these people try to find XP drivers before they erase Vista. In some cases, there are NO drivers available for XP for some of these PC that ship with Vista. So these folks erase Vista, install XP, then discover there are no XP drivers, and they have to install Vista all over again. A quick search of the web before starting the XP install would save a lot of time, and a lot of stress and headaches. Luckily, your drivers were easy to find ;)

Let us know if there's anything else you need!

[dlb]
    :major

3. smbond83

smbond83 Private E-2

That worked!

Thanks a million!

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:highfive Glad I could help! :drink

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds