Event ID 1081 & disk consistency errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by jmarble, Jun 15, 2007.

1. jmarble

jmarble Private E-2

Hi all.

I am having a boot up/stability problem. Here are the symptoms:

1. My computer doesn't like to boot up if it has been off for 6+ hours; it just sits there whirling but will eventually start. Now I leave my computer on all the time and have to reboot at least once a day since it locks up. Warm rebooting is fine for the most part.

2. When I look at Event Viewer/ Application log, I have tons of Event ID 1081 errors (windows cannot impersonate the user). I haven't really been able to find a solution to the event 1081 errors.

3. When my computer does lock up and I have to reboot, it always does a disk check saying "One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency". AND, in the Event Viewer/ System log there are Event 55 errors (the file structure on the disk is corrupt and unstable...)

I am running windows XP Pro SP2. I have two HD: a SATA 36GB Raptor with my OS on it (D:) and an IDE HD with my data (C:). I have an ASUS A7n8x MOBO.

I don't know if the two errors are related or not. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

1. Could be the Power Supply or maybe a driver issue. I would make sure that all my drivers are updated, especially the video driver.

2. This should correct the Event 1018 problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

3. Go to My Computer and right click on your C: drive/local drive. Then choose Properties > Tools > and under Error-checking, click on Check Now. This will bring up another window that has two options. Put a check in the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors box only and then click on Start.

Let it do it's thing then restart computer. I think I would do the steps starting with #3 and then #2 and see what actually gets corrected before messing with the drivers and PS. You can always update your drivers later if this doesn't solve anything.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds