Event ID 35

Discussion in 'Software' started by hutchfred, Mar 5, 2008.

1. hutchfred

hutchfred Private First Class

I recently installed Microsoft.NET Framework v1.0.3705; v1.1.4322; and v2.0.50727 with all updates to each. All installations and updates seemed to be accomplished successfully.

I am now getting Warnings In the Event Viewer, with the Source as WinMgmt. There are two warnings, both are listed as Event ID 35.

The first says:
    WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0
    The second says:
    WMI ADAP was unable to load the ASP.NET_2.050727 performance library because it returned invalid data: 0x0
    Can anyone help me find out what the problem is and how to fix it?

I Googled and searched and can't seem to find any thing that matches my conditions.

All seems to be running smoothly otherwise.

2. hutchfred

Can anyone help with this problem?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

One fix is to reset the performance counters

taken from this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828872 and hinted too in this connect bug http://connect.microsoft.com/OpsMgrFeedback/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=328738

4. hutchfred

OK, I followed Halo's advice and looked at his links. I downloaded and installed the Exctrlst.exe tool. When I first tried it and just cleared the Performance Counters Enabled check box on the Service and then restarted, it did not eliminate the warnings in the Event Viewer.

So I went back to the Exctrlst.exe tool and cleared the Performance Counters Enabled check box on the Library File and the Counter ID, restarted the computer. This seemed to work, at least the warnings no longer appear in the Event viewer.

Does anyone see any problems with what I have done? If not I think this may have solved the problem. If I have any future troubles because of this I will post it here.

Thanks to all!!!

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Hutchfred

As the error you had in event manager linked to a performance issue in not updating the counters, and that fix actually stopped the messages then I think you have your fix, I looked over a few other mentioned of this and the fix that came to many was indeed reseting the perfcounters.

Glad the advice we gave helpeed you remove this and cheers for the update as it will help others with similar problems in future and indeed do post back if you have any other issues relating to this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds