Event ID 4353 & 4356

Discussion in 'Software' started by timw128, Nov 23, 2012.

1. timw128

timw128 Corporal

Hello-
    All of a sudden I am getting non-stop warnings in Event Viewer for Events 4353 and 4356. One of the Guru's over in the MG Malware Removal Dept. had me run a series of diagnostics for malware and there wasn't any found. I have Googled this subject until I am blue in the face and found no viable solutions.
    Could someone please shed some light on this issue for me?
    Thanks in advance.
    tim

2. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

Can you tell us your OS and machine details? Any recent installs or upgrades? What was the last thing you did before the event warnings? Can you post a screenshot of the warnings?

Thanks...

3. timw128

timw128 Corporal

Running Windows XP Pro SP3 x86, P4 2.97Ghz, 4GB DDR2 installed- showing 3.11GB in System Properties.

As I mentioned initially, the only thing we did was malware diagnostics under the direction of 'TimW' in the MG Malware Removal Dept. Nothing significant found.
    There are just weird anomalies going on within the System-ie- services changing attributes in services.msc, Folder Options (can't unhide specific folder permanently), and all kinds of Event ID Warnings and Errors in Event Viewer.

Event Viewer is clear at present. Since my initial post, I uninstalled Google Chrome- reinstalled, and did the same with my avast! Internet Security 2012.
    I really am trying to avoid an OS Repair Install. I have ran 'sfc.exe /scannow' and it asked for the XP disk. I haven't ran 'CHKDSK' recently, but ran a couple of HDD tests and it passed OK in SMART test, and Ariolic Disk Scanner to check for read errors and it passed that, too.

The only other issue is I have an IDE CD/DVD burner that was getting the jitters (quite possibly running the wrong dvd dl disk speed), so I disconnected that from the chain and we are in the process of replacing both ODD's with ASUS SATA pieces, as I have 3 open SATA ports on the MOBO.

Basically, that's it. If you have the time, please check my other post regarding the Hidden Files issues. I just can't figure out why the particular file won't stay in an 'unhidden' state.

Most recent Event Viewer s-shots are attached.

Thanks, 'cipher' for your interest and help regarding this matter.
    tim

Attached Files:

4. cipher

5. timw128

timw128 Corporal

Thank-you, 'cipher'- My drivers are up to date. As far as the MS article goes, I tried to Run 'comexp.msc', and I got a warning message that stated Windows couldn't find it. Not sure why this happens, I believe that I have administrative privileges.

The only errors I was getting were two days ago. They were in EV System and were DCOM 10005 and Service Control Manager 7006.

DNS Client service is set to 'automatic' and is running.

Thanks for your help!
    tim

6. cipher

try this:

In XP run compmgmt.msc from Start > Run

7. timw128

timw128 Corporal

I have no Component Services listed in the panes of Computer Management window. Please see attachment.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, 'cipher', but the last time I installed this Windows XP Pro, I think I messed up and assigned an Administrator Password during set-up. I have administrator privileges assigned to me, but there are certain things I have run into that I am not allowed to do. Specifically, I do not remember what these things were off hand. I did a bunch of Googling to try and figure out how to change or remove that password, but I gave up in frustration. I have a bunch of specific settings on this computer that I believe a repair install would change, and I do not have a system back up. I suppose I should purchase an external hard drive and use Acronis True Image WD to shoot an image. This prog is free through Western Digital, if you are using their drives, which I do.

Attached Files:

• CM.zip
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
  8. cipher

You can run compmgmt.msc from the command prompt.To run from the command prompt as admin, go to Start > All programs > Accessories > Command Prompt and right click it it and select Run As.

Select the bottom option by radio button to run as Admin.

If asked and you don't have the admin password you're going to have to solve the admin password issue eventually. Have a read at:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_passwords.htm

Look in the section Cannot Change the Administrator Password in Control Panel

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]- If you are running Windows XP Professional, reset the password in the Local Users and Groups snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC):[/FONT]

9. cipher

Don't know why the "Look in the section" has a link embeddedi it, clearly something I did...
    Anyway, ignore that, use the link above it to kellys korner...

10. timw128

timw128 Corporal

Stupid me!... I really don't use those tools that often, but I figured out that I don't have to run a cmd line. Start> All Programs> Administrative Tools> Bingo!, what's at the top of the list?...Component Services!...DUH!

I don't know why I assigned that password at last install- I was sure that I wrote it down on the Windows package for the OS and dated it. Apparently not. That's another thing- I seem to forget about Kellys Korner, too. I'll check that out.

As far as Events 4353 & 4356 go, they are clear. I use Google Chrome as my primary browser, and I tracked the issues to that. An uninstall/ reinstall of Chrome appears to have fixed it. Did the same with avast! Internet Security, too. For whatever reason, avast! gets in the way of any changes in 'msconfig' regarding permissions. I just knock the warning windows down and the changes are effective.

Now, back to Event Viewer. I am getting no hits in the Application section- just all 'Information!' status. However, under 'System' I get occasional DCOM errors- Event 10005- 'The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.' attempting to run the helpsvc with arguments ** in order to run the server.
    {833E4010-AFF7-4AC3-AAC2-9F24C1457BCE}
    Help and Support is disabled in 'services.msc'- that's probably why this is happening.

One final note and I am off to Kellys- All of a sudden I can't get into Safe Mode, or SM w/ Networking. The black page comes up with all the lines of text and just freezes there)?). Never had that happen before.

Thanks for all the help 'cipher'!
    tim

11. timw128

timw128 Corporal

One thing regarding the Administrator Password, just to make myself clear. There are 2 Accounts on this machine: Administrator and 'Tim Whalen/ administrator'. In other words, I have Administrative Privileges. I don't use a PW on that 2nd account. I'll run through the steps at Kellys and try not to screw anything up too bad. :-D

12. timw128

timw128 Corporal

$35 for that tool listed at Kellys???... Screw that!... I can live with it, or reinstall for that matter...LOL!

13. cipher

That ad at the top of the page should be IDed as an ad. It does look rather like a part of the tutorial. I didn't mean to send you to a paid for solution, the article itself is good stuff tho...

14. timw128

timw128 Corporal

Oh, that's no problem!... When I was looking for a work around before, I ran into that site. I'll figure it out. I am trying to get a new Windows 7 build done at present, so I just need to keep this machine healthy in case I run into any snags. The Event Viewer is clear at present. In the past, I had played with some of Black Viper's services tweaks, although I didn't go with any of the extreme set-ups. Just was trying to lighten the load on this ol' machine.

Now it's over to the Software Dept. and try and find out where I can get a legit Windows 7 OS. I've heard that some of the ones purchased at Newegg have had issues with authenticating.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help, 'cipher'- I am grateful for it! :)

tim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds