Event viewer errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by steve Max, Feb 11, 2005.

1. steve Max

steve Max Private First Class

I have noticed that in the event viewer that there is a red X and says event system error 50 ID#4609 and under the system control manager there are 4 red X's and they are scm PfMot.nt failed event 7000 and the other 3 are DCOM service data base locked ID#1005. What are these errors and how do I fix them. When I click on them microsoft downloads what it is but not specific enough for me to understand. Sometimes from a cold boot it will hang at finding the hard drives. So after a restart it usually fires up. I have checked the memory with memtest and passed with no errors. The parts are all new. Can some one explain what there errors are and should I be concerned about them..Thanks for any info.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Not sure if this will give you any more information, but go HERE and type in the source and the ID for each event.

Every XP system I have ever seen or worked on has always had a couple of errors, including mine.

I think you will probably find that your "hanging" problem may be unrelated.

If it hangs during Safe Mode startup, then it's more than likely a piece of hardware that XP doesn't like.

If it doesn't hang during Safe Mode, then the culprit is more than likely a driver issue or a startup program/s that's the culprit.

The above is not a rule set in stone, but it's an easy and quick thing to check and may give you an idea.

Also, make sure you are using the latest compatible drivers, remove any hardware you don't use, check Device Manager for any errors and have the minimum programs enabled during startup.

3. steve Max

steve Max Private First Class

Thanks for the info. I went into msconfig and stopped mostly stuff from my audigy 2 sound card, and others that I did not need to start. Seems to have cleared the problem so maybe application issue with sound card. Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds