Everest Home Edition, how do I...

Discussion in 'Software' started by lostkiwi, Jul 15, 2004.

1. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

use the report info?
    I thought I could post some of it after questions I had about memory in the hardware forum, but if I try to print it in text it is huge, so is the HTML but at least it fits on the page. How do I make it smaller?
    I was wondering what this meant under Processor Properties and if it could be the reason for the freezes.:
    Manufacturer: genuine intel
    Version: Intel Pentium III processor
    External Clock: 100MHz
    Maximum Clock: 800MHz
    Current Clock: 550MHz
    Type :Central Processor
    Voltage 2.9V
    Upgrade: Slot 1
    Socket Designation: SLOT 1
    Alanc helped me before with the clock speeds but I didn't have info this detailed.
    The other question is about the L1 and L2 Cache, L1 is 32kb and L2 is 512, is that correct?
    Thanks as always.
    Win2K pro, SP4, Pentium III.

2. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

I wonder if this might have something to do with your printer driver. Reports look OK here.

Anyway for HTML/MHTML go to File > Preferences > Report Look and enter smaller values for the font percentages. For plain text I'd just save it to a .txt file and then open in Wordpad and adjust to your little hearts content.
    That info all looks normal to me.
    800MHz would be the maximum clock speed the mobo can generate. IOW you have a P3-550 in there now but can run up to a P3-800 in it.
    L1 & L2 cache sizes look correct.

Unfortunately a system info proggie like Everest or Aida will normally not be able to diagnose a system freeze issue if your clock and bus speeds are correct and your running the right RAM :(

3. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Okay Alan, thank you for taking the time to look for me.
    Another lesson learned.
    Shall we adjourn to the lounge ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds