every game gets source file is corrupt error

Discussion in 'Software' started by saunders84, May 13, 2013.

1. saunders84

saunders84 Private E-2

Hi everyone im new to these forums but ive searched everywhere but cant seem to find a answer and hopefully you guys/girls can help.

The problem has been going on for a while now. it seems that everytime i try to install a game on this new build it gets the following error

error copying file the source file is corrupted

^^ this error comes up every time when installing the game it says
    retry , ignore or abort . i cant seem to find a answer for this error ive tried a fresh copy of windows and also have done chkdsk and recovery of bad sectors.

im about to do a memtest to see if the ram is causing this error

just to let you know im running windows 7 64bit ultimate at the moment
    was previously on windows 7 64bit home premium i have 16gb ram , gtx 260 gpu and a intel i3 quad core cpu. im also using a 1250w psu.

installing programmes are ok but when installing games this error always appears

im using daemon tools to mount images and also im disabling any protections for my pc and running the setup.exe as a admin yet no luck

if anyone has a solution for this problem i would gladly appreciate it.

thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I found this
    from a person that saw the same error. It was posted in Oct. 2012.

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Witch was most likely me lol:-D

I would all so either use VM or a Dual Boot of Xp.

Older games will not run on Windows 7 or 8.If it is 64bit windows.

I have tried.Those are pretty much the two options you have.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds