Every Hour on the Hour please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shobida, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Shobida

Shobida Private E-2

ok i have absalutely no idea why but every hour on the hour something seems to activate and if im in a game it kicks me to desktop i just ignored it till now couse im playing resident evil 4 and when it does that i have to crash the game and reload. but my windows signature got deleted about 2 months ago and since i reinstalled and set back up the way i had my computer befor and now i have this

anyone know what this is?

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Right click My Computer, click manage, click event viewer, click applications, and double click any warning signs in right pane, and post the error here.

3. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

This is cos some programs want to go on Internet(likeAntivirus,firewall)or other apps who have permition to go online.turn off internet if you play offline,or keep the track what program is trying to go online.

4. Shobida

Shobida Private E-2

i went there and the only applications that show up as errors on the hour are the games that crash from it takeing me out of fullscreen but i did notice that Windows Security Center and ATI Smart quite often start right on hour marks which ATI Smart has something to do with my video card other then that nothing else pops up on the hour.

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I would try updating the graphics driver, and windows update as sometimes a Windows update can be buggy, and another update fixes it.
    It would be worth changing your Windows update to manual (switch off automatic) when playing games.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  6. Shobida

Shobida Private E-2

well i took care of the updates but i cannot find drivers for my videocard i had issues finding the one i did just to get it running its a ATI Radeon 9550 with 128

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds