Everyone's email and mine

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, May 7, 2011.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

I am getting email ads addressed to sundry mailboxes along with mine, all using SBC global. It is giving me headaches trying to unsubscribe and delete them. They are arriving at a faster rate than I can act on.
    Is there a way to stop this?
    Thanks,
    Skysarge

Army Ranger Standing Orders::guns
    2. Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minute's warning.
    :guns:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/guns.gif

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Are you using any spam filtering software such as MailWasher?

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

T.W.
    Appreciate your response.
    Prost - :wine

To answer your question, not a program specifically for that. I do have spam blockers that are part of other programs.
    Your mention of Spam Washer clued me to look at that.
    Afterthought, I am also getting some email in duplicate.
    AT&T, my ISP, says they think it is something in my lines (Then again they always start with that assumption when I have them TS a problem.

Skysarge

Note: Sorry about the proliferation of smiley icons in my original posting. Not sure what caused that.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

So, ye are saying you are getting duplicates of emails?

5. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi Skysarge,

The only emails you should ever click ANY links in (including the UNSUBSCRIBE link) are emails you signed up for in the first place (that you may no longer want). SPAM "unsubscribe" links actually subscribe you for MORE spam! Best to simply delete the spam.

6. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Affirmative,
    I am getting some email in duplicate
    Simply deleting unwanted mail sounds like good advice, I am a little tired of unsubscribing, anyway.
    SkySarge

7. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

How do you get your email, via web browser or via an email client such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail? If you use an email client, are you aware that you can also access your email via web browser? And, you may be able to filter out mail from certain senders by logging on to your email account using your web browser and searching for the filtering or spam blocking feature in your email account settings. See http://webmail.att.net/wm/help/ for help with AT&T email accounts.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds