Everything stutters.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Irnbruster, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Irnbruster

Irnbruster Private E-2

Hi all,

ok I've looked for help for this problem in a few other places but hopefully yall might shed some light.

I recently moved from Florida to the UK and set up my pc getting ready to do some MMO'ing. So, after buying a new power supply (who knew the UK ran different voltages!) I get everything up and running.

Well, I noticed a slight stutter when playing. I put it down to my cheap PCI card and/or latency. So I upgraded my card from a 5200 to an 8400. Well, this hasn't solved the stuttering.

I believe it to be a graphics problem. Here's why;

My ingame settings, according to the game, should be at very high. But if I'm in an open area (where I can see the sky) I stutter real bad, can hardly type. But the moment I go into an instance there is almost zero stuttering.

Now. It's not related to the game either because, and thisis the strange part, if I am watching a video on YouTube if i mouse over links the video stutters. In fact if I'm on a web page where the buttons change color when moused over the CPU usage will shoot up and the computer stutters.

Now I know PCI is junk and I know the bus speed can't handle almost anything but I've always been able to play at v low settings without this stutter and I've no idea why it's started doing it when simply mousing over links or scrolling down a page.

It seems to be related to movement on the screen because simply spinning the mouse round will cause CPU usage to shoot up.

I've scanned for virus, using comodo. I've shut down indexing and restore points, switched off firewalls and all security, I've made sure all my drivers are up to date, I've reseated my RAM, I can't find anything on the web about this.

The thing that's throwing me is when in an instance it seems fine but outside I'm stuttering bad.

I use XP, 2gig of memory intel4 at 3.06ghz(??) I've only got PCI at the mo but don't hold that against me.

Anything would help me out here I think I've exhausted google searches containing the word stutter/lag/CPU/etc etc.

2. Weaksaucemaster

Weaksaucemaster Private E-2

I had the same problem with wow. Tons more stuff has to load when your in a bigger area. I dont think it would have to do with any of your hardware. Its the speed at which the game loads. Try re-install, try closing all other open programs, check your internet connection and speed.

Try port forwarding, etc, etc.

3. Irnbruster

Irnbruster Private E-2

The effect this problem is having on my game is not really what's bothering me, it's more worrying that my CPU usage goes to 100% and everything stutters simply spinning my cursor on a web page.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds