eVGA 7600gs agp volt mod

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ACE 256, Nov 16, 2006.

1. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Well to put it simply i wanted more power out of my 7600GS :cool:. So i looked around for a volt mod for my eVGA 7600gs but all the mods i find are for other 7600gs's that use ISL6549 (SOIC or QSOP) as thare voltage controller chip not ISL6534CR (QFN) the eVGA7600gs has.. So i did my homework and made my own mod for the eVGA 7600gs. 811 ohms across the 2 wires i get exactly 1.78v that voltage gets me 650core @ ~ 70c.. It should also be noted that the card is perfictly happy temp wise up to 85c at which no matter what the core speed it hard locks randomly. Also if your PSU is to weak for the volt mod the driver for the card will fail to load at windows startup and you will get a "device could not start error" in device manager.

Update: Card is dead after accidentally knocking 2 caps off the AGP/PCIe translater chip while performing the ram volt mod :( .Oh well I will soon have a 7600gt to play with ;).....

Update of an update: ram mod pic added, 1.55K I believe is the stock ohms across the core reference resister and 1.2K ohms is stock across the ram voltage reference resister.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds