Ewido Resident Shield

Discussion in 'Software' started by Algraze, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Algraze

Algraze Private First Class

Hey guys,

I recently bought Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0.0.172 plus; it comes with premium support/updates and I think its one of the best antimalware programs out there (currently use it instead of windows defender)... Other antispyware programs I have installed that run next to Ewido, are Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware SE; and with AVG Free Antivirus and ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall as well.

However, I've noticed that every so often Ewido's Resident Shield turns off automatically; I suspect it does this after every update, but I really dont know for sure. Wondering if the same thing has happened to any of you guys, if its a bug with the program or whether you cant run AVG and Ewido at the same time.

Anyways, thanks for your time and trying to help me out. Later, geeks! :D

2. Bad_Frogger

Bad_Frogger Corporal

You are definitely not alone.
    I have had the same thing and seen others as well.
    I'm seeking an answer.
    When I know i'll post here.

3. Algraze

Thanks Frogger brother, really appreciate the quick response, at least I now know I'm not alone... I'm also looking into this problem, if I see anything useful I'll also post back here.

Good Luck! ;)

4. BeenThereDoneThat

BeenThereDoneThat Private E-2

Algraze,

This is appearantly a bug that ewido is working on, I found these 2 threads that talked about it.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136892
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=137382

Hope this helps,
    BeenThereDoneThat

5. Algraze

Resident Shield Hick-Up

BeenThereDoneThat,

Thanks for the heads up! Nice to know the Ewido team doesn't even have a clue on what's causing the glitch... Anyways, I'm glad they're at least searching for it though.

;)

6. BeenThereDoneThat

BeenThereDoneThat Private E-2

Re: Resident Shield Hick-Up

Algraze,

Glad to help, it is really weird, some people are having this problem, so aren't, guess that is what makes it so hard for them to find.

Have a good day,
    BeenThereDoneThat

7. Algraze

Anybody else that has had this problem found a solution?

No? Ok, just checking... Bump! ;)

8. cheyenne

cheyenne Private E-2

I don't know if this means anything to anybody but my resident shield keeps turning off also and it seems to be conected to Spython from System Mechanic Pro detecting it as Winpup32.

9. Algraze

Cheyenne,

You may want to post your specific question about incompatibilities with System Mechanic Pro in Ewido's Support Forum; although, I highly doubt thats the real issue because the majority of the people having trouble with Ewido 4.0 dont even have that program, and still have their resident shield turned off automatically or ewido not starting up after rebooting.

FYI - The Ewido team still hasnt found the solution to this bug, my shield still turns off by itself too... :mad:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds