Excel 2007 Accounting/Currency Formatting Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by hcrawfor, May 1, 2010.

1. hcrawfor

hcrawfor Private First Class

Having problems with alignment and formatting on spreadsheets with monetary values. I have experimented with two different settings under the ‘Numbers’ setting…. Accounting and Currency. Also, under ‘Excel Options’, I have unchecked the box ‘Show a zero in cells that have a zero value’.

When I simply type a number in an accounting/currency cell, it displays as expected. Example… 31.5 will display as $31.50. However, if the result is the same number from a calculation in a formulated cell “=IMSUB(B3,SUM(C3,D3))” , it displays as 31.5. Also, other cells in the same column with that formula, which haven’t yet had the need for a calculation, display as ‘0’… instead of ‘blank’.

In a column with the following formula… “=PRODUCT(0.1*(IMSUB(B3,C3)))”…. the result will be as expected… $7.00, $5.50, $3.50, etc. However, empty cells in the rest of that column display as “$ -“, instead of just a blank cell.

Although I have tried many of the suggestions I found in Excel Help, any other ideas are most welcome. Thanks hcrawfor

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Looks like a glitch. It shouldn't be doing that.
    Have you tried a Detect and Repair (under Help in Excel 2003)?
    If that doesn't work, can you reinstall?
    I assume you have been at it long enough to have rebooted your computer. If not, try that first.
    Also, try a fresh workbook with nothing in it, and put in a simple formula (into a few cells), format the cells for Currency or Accounting, and see what happens. Sometimes a workbook gets a bit upset and doesn't want to play ball. If that works, try copying your stuff into a new workbook and see if it works. If not, copy just some of it and see if that works... then keep adding until it glitches.

3. hazeline03

hazeline03 Private E-2

I also encountered that problem six months ago. I have tried repair and re-install through add remove program but I still got the same result. I ask the help of experts in currency but they told me that it is failing because I do not have the Office 2003 cd.

4. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Have you tried the other suggestions in the previous post? Also check for malware.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds