1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excel 2010, Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE act

Discussion in 'Software' started by kfischer79, Dec 19, 2011.

1. kfischer79

kfischer79 Private E-2

Whenever trying to save an excel 2010 spreadsheet, getting an error, "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action." I ticked the box in the advanced options to ignore other applications that use DDE, but then I started getting a new error, "There is a problem sending the command to the program" and my file won't open.

I'm stuck in a loop and google is failing me.

please halp!

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Re: Excel 2010, Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE

Can you open excel with a blank file? If so, then uncheck the DDE option. If not, try this fixit.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211494