Excel is driving me nuts!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roystacy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Roystacy

Roystacy Private First Class

Okay, I know thi sis going to be easy for some of you and I will end up looking like a dork but who cares so long as I get the information I need. hehehe. Okay, I have four columns in Excel: Last Name, First Name, Department and email address. I went to the top of each column, hightlighted that box plus all the ones below it, hit the Insert button, hit Name and then Create. I did that for each column as I said. Then I get out and open Outlook. I go to Import and Export, then choose from Excel. I then select the file that holds all my info and select the destination which is Contacts in Outlook. Then when I hit the OK button, I get another box that shows not one box to check off but a box for each of the names listed (89). At first, I clicked on each and every one of the boxes or I tried just highlighting a few and that throws me to a drag list. So, in hopes of getting some work done, I hit OK. Nothing happens!! No new contacts. Nada. I had some contacts that I already exported from Outlook into Excel and they go back and forth. So, I figured I'd replace those names with the new ones. Either way, I watch the little transfer box open and paper flying. When done, nothing, nada, zip. HELP!! I have been going insane for teh last 2 hours trying variations!! I have 480 names to input.

Thanks,

2. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

Importing a distribution list from a global address list reqires Microsoft Exchange

If yes:
    1. On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
    2. In the Show names from the list, click Global Address List.
    3. In the Type name or select from list box, type the name of the distribution list you want to import into your Contacts folder. In the list below, double-click the name.
    4. Click Personal Address Book.
    5. Click OK.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds