Excel XP question

Discussion in 'Software' started by franklyorange, Apr 30, 2008.

1. franklyorange

franklyorange Private E-2

I'm pasting some hyperlinks into a spreadsheet as text. How can I convert them back into live hyperlinks? thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I hope its still the same in Office Xp than it is in Office 2003/2007, as its been a while since I used that version, but

You can either highlight the whole cell that has the hyperlink in it then just click a blank cell and most times the hyperlink becomes active again, but if not then click the first cell of the hyperlink and then right click and choose Hyperlink and in the "Address box" just copy and past the same text URL as in the top "text to display box" and click OK

sample from my PC or your thread
    [​IMG]

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This is for Excel. Right click the cell and point to hyperlink on the shortcut menu and then edit hyperlink to be sure everything is correct.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds