Excellent GPU testing app

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jan 6, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I was just farting around the 'net last night, and came across this app called "RTHDRIBL v1.2". Not the most appealing name, but whatever works. RTHDRIBL actually stands for Real-Time High Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting. It's a really cool graphic card test/stress type of app complete with FPS readings, view rotation, model rotation, glare, field depth, motion blur, pan focus, specular reflectance, auto exposure adjustments, etc.... you get the idea. As far as I can tell, it's free too! Well, enough of my BS, here's the link:
    http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/#Download
    I'd really like to hear some other opinions about this neat bit of software.... Enjoy!

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

My FPS goes down the bigger I make the screen! Was getting an average of 65 FPS in full screen (1280x1024) and average of 85 FPS with a reduced window. Changing the material had an impact on the FPS too.

Neat little tool though :)

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I read in their README or on their web site that full screen mode has been known to cause problems on some PC's ranging from lockup to rebooting to extremely low frame rates, and that windowed mode is recommended.... Or did I read this somewhere else? :confused Why does this happen on some PC's and not others? Who knows.... I still really like this progarm though ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds