Expand Firefox 3 Bookmark Toolbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by Firefox3, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Firefox3

Firefox3 Private E-2

Dear MajorGeeks Forum Users,

Can anybody please tell me how to expand the Firefox 3.0 toolbar to more than 1 line?

In the previous version (2.0.0.14) I modified the userChrome.css file successfully and the toolbar was able to display 2 lines instead of the usual one.

I have applied the same tweak after installing the new Firefox 3.0 but it doesn't work anymore. :(

Any help would be much appreciated! (I have already googled a few tweak codes for userChrome.css and applied them all but no success).

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

2. bozz

bozz Private E-2

3. dnnyo

dnnyo Private First Class

I just discovered a little trick that saved me desktop space, i don't like to have too many lines of toolbars... there's no room left for seeing the page.
    In bookmarks> manage bookmarks- make a folder with related bookmarks and drag the folder to 'personal toolbar folder. For example, I have bookmarks for all MGforum pages in one folder on my toolbar.

4. Firefox3

Firefox3 Private E-2

Dear Majorgeeks users,

Thank you all for your quick and detailed replies. I have tried the tricks and codes as you provided, and did succeed in obtaining a second line for my bookmark toolbar.

However, This link gives me a second line, however the bookmark items are not 'wrapped' on to the second line.
    http://userstyles.org/styles/5687

This link gives me two lines, wraps them on to the second life but has an annoying scroll bar on the right-hand side.
    http://userstyles.org/styles/5658

Ideally I would like the toolbar exactly as it is in the second code, with the two lines, just without the scroll bar on the right. That is, with the two lines 'fixed' in place.

Does anybody have any helpful advice or suggestions for this newbie?

Thanks in advance!

5. bozz

bozz Private E-2

6. Firefox3

Firefox3 Private E-2

Thank you for all the help and assistance.

The toolbar worked and FF 3.0 is now up and running exactly as it should be!

All the best for the future!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds