explore.exe problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Racecarlock, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Racecarlock

Racecarlock Private E-2

I have a dell Inspiron 1000 with SIS M650 video drivers, directX, and soundmax (audio problem solved), and I have a problem. Every time I start a 3d game like need for speed most wanted pc demo (I can understand here), or demolition derby and figure 8 race (this one has graphics and sound you could probably port onto the playstation or super NES), for some reason, all of a sudden, explorer.exe needs 100% of my CPU usage while the game is running, but otherwise acts normal! Can anyone help me?

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

What OS are you running? :)

3. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Majorgeeks have a forum for especially for games. Raising the question down there in a new thread might bring you more information. This is the link.

Edit made.

4. Racecarlock

Racecarlock Private E-2

Yeah, but since explorer.exe is causing the extreme lag problem by randomly using large amounts of system time when i'm playing a 3D game, I deduced it as more of a software problem then gaming. OS is Windows XP

5. Racecarlock

Racecarlock Private E-2

I really do need help, those games shouldn't lag that much. Only reason they do is because of explorer.exe

6. Racecarlock

Racecarlock Private E-2

I'm not starting a new topic because this one was ignored, I really want games to run well on my computer.

7. Racecarlock

Racecarlock Private E-2

I'm sorry for posting so much like this but I need a solution! I will stop this posting when the problem is solved.

8. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

A lot of things could cause this. You need to get this into a system.

1. Run all the anti-malware programs you have one by one and visit at least 2 online scanners
    2. Visit Microsoft Update
    3. Visit Java Update
    4. Visit the homepage of your PC manufacturer and update all your drivers
    5. Install Secunia PSI RC3, run a scan and update all else as suggested by Secunia
    6. Look inside the game program's GUIs/menus and run whatever update functions available

9. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

First of all, you don't exactly have the right to demand a solution to your problem on a free forum. Your attitude will likely lead to your thread being closed, instead of answered... oh wait, it was answered, but you didn't like the answer. Maybe instead of dismissing the help people HAVE offered you, you should try it.

10. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

This is how to update Java.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds