Explorer 8 headache

Discussion in 'Software' started by dieiscast, Nov 24, 2010.

1. dieiscast

dieiscast Private E-2

Hi, I’m having a lot of problems with explorer 8 out of nowhere. I don’t visit any dodgy sites, just youtube, ebay and some other safe sites so I don’t think I’ve been infected with a virus. I was infected with a Trojan once last year and that reduced the security settings in explorer but that hasn’t happened this time. The computer is new only a couple of months old with Windows 7 and explorer 8, I’ve tried to go back with system restore but restore failed.

The problem is that when I open multiple tabs, the new tab will freeze, sometimes immediately and other times after a minute or so. Trying to close them doesn’t work, and that causes to first tab to freeze and I have to right click and close explorer. After this happens, I can’t access internet options through explorer after restarting it, I have to access the options through the control panel and delete the browsing history before I can access options through explorer. I checked the restore points and the first was today for a critical update, that worked but there was no change with the problem, next restore point was 5 days ago and that failed due to an unspecified error (I think that’s what it said). Could the critical update cause this?

2. larr

larr Private E-2

im having the same exact problem and cannot find the fix. still looking though

3. larr

larr Private E-2

i have found when i opened task manager after a reboot, i had 2 internet explorers running which i have not even tried to open .i stopped both processes and so far i haven't had any more problems. lets hope it stays that way. i do not know why they were running,i started my computer and never opened IE8.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds