Explorer.exe-Application Error (0xc0000006) When booting XP on laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by bper, Aug 16, 2007.

1. bper

bper Corporal

After booting XP on a laptop and the desktop appears this error is displayed: "Application Failed To Initialize Properly Explorer.exe-Application Error (0xc0000006) Click on Ok to Terminate Application". The desktop is blank. Just the error message. Booting into safe mode yields the same error.

Could this be malware or is the XP installation corrupt? What should I do?

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Both are very valid possibilities and I personally would do a fresh install as it is almost impossible to guarantee a 100% recovery from this type of errors but for the sake of trying, I'd recommend going through the recommended steps in the Spyware section. It wouldn't hurt to try and repair this problem but from personal experience it is generally not worth the time wasted (better off with a fresh install) imho.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds