Explorer.exe - application error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wild Style, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Wild Style

Wild Style Private E-2

I am getting this error on a laptop here.

The dialog box reads
    Any suggestions on how to fix this would be AWESOME.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

need more info on the machine and when the error happens.

3. Wild Style

Wild Style Private E-2

sorry,

Running windows 2000 pro, happens whenever you try to log on to the thing regardless if it is from the admin or the user side. when you hit the ok button it takes you to a blue screen, and you can seen the mouse pointer but thats it, no icons or anything. Again that happens regardless of what you use to log in. The machine is a dell latitude.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

is it ok in safe mode?

5. Wild Style

Wild Style Private E-2

I ran the computer in safe mode with the same results.

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

When it happens again, try hitting CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time to bring up the task manager. Go to File then choose NEW TASK and type in EXPLORER.EXE

If it loads up without any error then try doing a virus scan. Make sure the pc is up to date with patches/service packs etc.

7. Wild Style

Wild Style Private E-2

when i go to task manager, then run as, i get the following:

Taskmgr.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. you will need to restart the program, an error log is being created.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What Norton products are installed?

9. Wild Style

Wild Style Private E-2

We use Mcafee anti virus Coporate edition 8.0i

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Might want to try uninstalling it. Try uninstalling anything that hooks closely into the shell.

If it happens in Safe Mode, aside from a viurs and a corrupt explorer.exe, those type of programs are going to be the culprit.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds