Explorer.exe keeps crashing when certain games run...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Outlawstar15a2, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

I was bored one evening I didn't feel like playing Warframe or Final Fantasy 14 or anything. So I figured I'd download and reinstall a few MMOs I played before, Rohan Online and Uncharted Waters Online. The games installed beautifully, patched without error, and the GameGuard anti-cheat protection ran and updated without issue. Yet when Rohan goes to switch focus to the game itself and display the small video clips with each company's logo Explorer.exe crashes along with COM Surrogate, and most of tray programs such as Catalyst Control Center, Logitech Game Software and my Anti Virus (Avast) and Firewall (Outpost Firewall). When Uncharted Waters Online runs the company logos display however when it goes to play the intro cinematic again the crashes occur.

Now I played Rohan close to a year ago on this same PC with no issues so I have no idea what changes they made since then and Uncharted Waters Online I had played like three months ago again with no issue. Final Fantasy 14 loads and plays with no issue as does Warframe, Steam and all my games in it, etc. So I went back and reversed all the changes I made recently I disabled CrytoPrevent temporarily to see if it was the cause, I uninstalled all the Windows Updates installed since the 27th of November, I disabled DEP for both games in question, I even added both games to my AV's exception list and temporarily disabled Avast's shields. Nothing helped.

I looked in Event Viewer and I have the event posts that apply to the services and programs in question. The reason the text file has so many entries is because when explorer.exe crashes it continually launches and crashes itself even though the game will continue to run fine in the background. None of these service crashes causes a bluescreen. If I screwed up by including all the events just let me know. That's all the info I have I can't think of anything else. I don't know if theres a compatibility issue between the program and my graphic's driver or a bad video codec embedded in the games' executable. I came here thinking it was a issue in Windows itself but also because I contacted one of the game developers on their forums and got no response.... The other I have to contact to.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds