Exporting Favorites folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ihatemy2000$computer, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Ihatemy2000$computer

Ihatemy2000$computer Private E-2

I may have to replace my harddrive and I'm trying to burn all my photos and data and what not on CDs.
    I have about 50 links in my favorites folder that I don't want to lose. Is it possible to put that data on a CD or somehow email it to myself or something so I don't lose it all?

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

if your using internet explorer, do a search of your computer for ".url", those are your bookmarks, you can save them from there. i don't know how to import/export your bookmarks with ie. i mostly use netscape, and that i know. - sos

3. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

All of your saved favorites are or your hard drive. If you open up my computer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\"username" you will see a star that says favorites. You can copy this folder or double click it and copy each individual item from it.

Once you reload your machine you can copy the files from there into the same directory on your reloaded system.

4. Ihatemy2000$computer

Ihatemy2000$computer Private E-2

Alright I'll give it a try, thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds