External Hard Drive as Backup Device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kdkrause, Dec 12, 2008.

1. kdkrause

kdkrause Private E-2

I purchased an external hard drive. It comes with the redemption backup software. I have the option to backup only my files or my entire system.

If I chose to backup the whole system, does this mean I will be able to restore my computer should tragedy strike?

Is this method adequate for backup or do I need to pursue some of the software mentioned on this site?

2. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi KD,

Sounds like the backup is asking you if you want to do a full backup or an incremental backup. Full would get everything except a few non essential files andlet you restore to the time the backup was made. Incremental would only backup the new files and changed files but in a very short time The full plus the incremantal/s would get you back to the last incremental. You would maybe have to load your OS and the backup program in order to get going. Some backups maybe have an easier way to do the restore.

Research (google) the backup program for better details.

Good Luck, Jim

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds