External Hard Drive Icons have disappered.....

Discussion in 'Software' started by dnahotep, Oct 18, 2010.

1. dnahotep

dnahotep Private E-2

I have a Western Digital external hard drive and when I first used it on my laptop, the icon was fine. Now, when I used on my laptop, the icon is just one of those white error icons. The actual hard drive works fine but the icon only shows error icon. Is there a way to change it? How do i edit the autorun to use an icon that i choose? Where are the icon files?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. dnahotep

dnahotep Private E-2

Well, I've tried that and it doesn't give me the option to change the icon for the drive. It does give me the option to change the Folder pictures, but since this isn't the same as the changing the folder or drive icon because when I tried it didn't work at all.

Any other suggestion? I'm all ears.

4. dnahotep

dnahotep Private E-2

I was also told to check for autorun.inf file and delete it. I did that as well still haven't acheived the desired results.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds