external hard drive now not showing up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danu_moonfire, Oct 30, 2005.

1. danu_moonfire

danu_moonfire Private E-2

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my external hard drive. It's not showing up under my computer, disk manager or device manager. I have been using it with no problem until hurricane wilma and my power was out for 5 days. When I booted up the computer it wasn't there. it only has a blinking green light usually the light is solid. I tried inserting the disk that came with the hard drive, unplugging the drive from the computer and replugging it neither has worked. I was not using the computer when I lost power. I'm running windows 2000 pro, and Que M3 external drive. Any ideas on what else I can do? Thanks, Danu

2. danu_moonfire

I tried d/ling the tppinst.exe driver and rebooted computer, that is not working either. The green light is still blinking. All my cleanup utilities,firewall, antivirus, games, mp3's ect is on that E drive please help. Thanks, Danu

3. danu_moonfire

bumping this up to the front, still in need of help. thanks inadvance

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds