External Hard Drives for Back up . . .

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jnick, Oct 10, 2004.

1. jnick

jnick Private E-2

Hey guys,

I would like to start backing up my computer with Nortons Ghost. I recently did it just before a system crash, and within one hour I was back up and running the way I left it.

With that being said, I was thinking about getting a External Hard drive to use JUST for backups. I have a total of 2 computer with a total of 4 HDD.

What would you guys recommend as far as Brand of the External HDD and the Size . . . I was thinking 200GB.

Also, will the windows rule of anything above 200GB you must partition apply to an external HDD with no OS on it?

Thank you.

Jnick

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I like using Acronis for backing up my pc's, all info/drivers/etc., including OS stored on CD, I have norton ghost never used it.

I like Maxtor & Western Digital HDD's.

You will have to format your Backup HDD, as far as partitions that's up to you, if your backing up two rigs, go with at least two partitions one for each rig.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds