External hyperlinks in powerpoint become inactive when saved as a PDF

Discussion in 'Software' started by superfallingdowngirl, Sep 29, 2011.

1. superfallingdowngirl

superfallingdowngirl Private First Class

I am running Microsoft Office 2011 on a Macbook Pro but I had the same problem on my PC so I'm posting here rather than the Mac section.
    Basically I have an assignment I have done in Powerpoint that need to be submitted as a PDF. It includes hyperlinks to external websites. When I save it as a PDF, the hyperlinks become inactive. The same thing happens when I do it as a Word document.
    I also can't compress the file. The 'compress' option in the drop down menu is inactive (though that may be more of a mac problem).
    Would really appreciate some advice as my assignment is due Monday night!:eek

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I have Office 2007 so my comments may not apply to you. Anyway, how are you entering the hyperlinks in PowerPoint? Are you simply typing the URL, or are you using the command to Insert Hyperlink? To save in PDF format, are you doing this via PowerPoint's save option for PDF or are you using a third-party PDF converter?

3. superfallingdowngirl

I've just been copy pasting the URL then editing. I've been saving as a PDF through the power point save options but I have had a similar problem using a PDF converter. I'll try using "insert hyperlink".

4. superfallingdowngirl

I just tried "insert hyperlink" and it still dies when saved as a PDF.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds