External monitor no longer working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Keyser Soze, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Corporal

i didnt really kow where to put this, here, software, or drivers....

ok well as some know i had a problem with my display driver and zoomtext would not work, i fixed that but now my external monitor wont work!

i have it hooked up and sitting on the desl next to me while i work on my laptop it just displays the windows background, if i close the lid on my laptop it works for like a second then goes blank and the light on it flashes like there is no signal

ok specs

win xp pro

i dunno what other things youd need, this monitor does this wether ZT is running or not

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Have you checked to see if you have the correct driver for your graphics driver.

I recommend you go to the manufacturers website for your Graphics adaptor, or even the PC if it is a dell or HP or some name brand like that, and make sure you are running the latest driver.

Roger

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Corporal

i think this is the info u neeeded

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds