External sound card problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tourangh, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Tourangh

Tourangh Master Sergeant

Ok so I have a Sound blaster x-fi sound card for my laptop. I reformatted my computer this summer and ever since it's been giving me problems. Basically whenever I stream video of the internet(youtube) after some time(1-10 mins) the sound ends up becoming distorted.

Anyways the only method I have found that has helped me here is by removing the sound card for a 10 seconds then putting it back in. I have dealt with it for a while but it's getting ridiculous now.

And yes the sound works perfecly fine for however long if I just use iTunes .

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

It sounds a bit like a buffer problem to me,if you pause the video and let the red progress bar finish below the video on YT does it still do it? If you scan back through the video do the parts that were clear previously now become distorted and if you scan forward again to the distorted sounds are they now distorted exactly the same way as before?

What default program do you use to watch flash videos,what's your browser,OS.

If you use firefox download a distorting/distorted video from YT using download helper

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Then try to play the video with adobe flash player,then VLC media player.

Do the HQ videos from YT distort the same way?They are encoded in a higher bit rate and codec.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds