External speakers for Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Louise67, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Louise67

Louise67 Private E-2

Hello Folks,
    Wonder if anyone can help, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and want to attach external speakers for better quality for listening to music. Tried to use speaker system from my Dell PC but couldn't get them to work, they work great on desktop, does anybody have any advice please?:confused

Cheers
    Louise

2. Tater

Tater Tot

Are the Dell speakers powered externally?

3. Louise67

Louise67 Private E-2

Yes Tater the speakers are powered externally

4. Tater

Tater Tot

Hmm, not sure then. I thought that might be the problem.
    I'm sure you've tried raising the laptop volume level correct? If you have, I'm out of ideas.

5. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

JB HiFi have a range of external speakers, go to their webpage and they have a set on special for a lappie. Otherwise go in and look around, I have a set I plug into the earphone jack and they are ok, but the ones in their catalogue would be a lot better

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds