extra drives won't go away

Discussion in 'Software' started by BILLMCC66, May 8, 2008.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

can anyone please explain how i can get rid of 2 drives that are not actually installed in my PC

Removeable disk (F)

cd drive (I)

i have tried everything i can and they will not delete

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Usually this is due to using a drive emulation software like PowerISO or Daemon Tools to mount a virtual drive and then not disabling it after you are done. Have you used any software like this recently?

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Thanks for the reply,
    yes i have been using ultra iso to copy some disks.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I would try In UltraISO>Options >> Configurations... >> Virtual Drive >> and set the number of devices to none.

This thread Remove Virtual Drive has 3 possible solutions in posts 19-21. The one I just gave seems the most obvious as all ISO software that I've used has an option to set the number of drives to zero after unmounting the images.

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

THANKS that got rid of the disk (I) but i still have removable disk (F) any suggestions on how i get rid of that??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds