Extremely Slow Logins

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slcrepdom, Mar 22, 2005.

1. slcrepdom

slcrepdom Private E-2

I have a few accounts and computers that take up to 20 minutes to login. With a couple accounts it is on every compter on the network; with others it is just a few random computers. I have some accounts that login w/o incident on all computers so I am having a tough time narrowing down the problem and finding a solution.

Any suggestions?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

more information is required. Please provide the type of network, NOS used, workstation OS used etc.. thank you

3. slcrepdom

slcrepdom Private E-2

Sorry I forgot those details. Active Directory on Win Server 2003 on the server and Win XP Pro on all other machines. It is all connected via 10/100 ethernet. The problem comes when connecting to the domain on boot

Anything else that will help?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

how big are the profiles of those that are loading slow?

5. gay2jp

gay2jp Private First Class

Two services can really slow things down. NET LOGON and NETWORK LOCATION AWARENESS.

Both seem to be on automatic startup as default. I disabled both and brought login to <30 secs vs from around 180.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds