Extremely Slow Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by medbnelson, May 26, 2017.

1. medbnelson

medbnelson Private E-2

I have added no software or hardware lately, but although my comp used to run just fine now it is running extremely slowly. I submitted to the malware forum with all the scan logs but found out there is no malware problem. Jedi told me to look into the software forum.

So how does this work? Does this forum address issues like "Extremely Slow"? Are there certain procedures I should follow when submitting to this forum? I've never posted here so I don't know what I'm doing.

Thank you.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Processes that start at the moment you boot the system. The more you have the slower it is.
    If you have CCleaner you should first run it in its DEFAULT settings and run the cleaner. Next run its Registry > Scan for all issues > let if fix all of them accepting the back up it offers.
    Restart your system.
    Now look at CCleaner >Tools > Start Up > and in bottom right corner save the list to a text file then post it here.

3. mardalnel

mardalnel Private E-2

Max Turner, thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I've done what you suggested and attached the log.

Attached Files:

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you have the Malwarebytes PREMIUM version - which gives real time protection - then you have no need for McAfee and it should be cleanly uninstalled.
    SunJava is a serious target for malware and mostly not needed unless you use one of the (very few now) sites that require it to work. You don't need its updater in start ups even if you still feel any need to use it. Unless you can identify a specific web site that you must use that only works with Sun Java, then it should be cleanly uninstalled.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

How much free space on your hard drive? How much RAM in the computer?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds