Extrernal Hard Drive Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gpurbpur, Dec 19, 2009.

1. gpurbpur

gpurbpur Private E-2

Ok so i just formatted this hard drive for the 2nd time, and when I try to move files over to it, I get this message

[​IMG]

I don't get it there is nothing here how could there not be enough space. Can someone please help me. It is a WD My Book Essential 250 GB if that helps.

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Is the HD really formatted correctly I'm wondering, I am not sure and can't find info on wether Dareks Boot&Nuke will erase a USB drive but its worth a try. Be extremel careful when using this software as it really does Nuke your drive so make absolutely sure you are formatting the USB drive. I suggest burning on to a floppy then boot up with the floppy inserted and and only the USB connected as that way no harm will come to the other drives .. info and DL can be got here. I suggest you read through before performing the wipe.

http://www.dban.org/

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hmm, worth checking whether the drive is formatted NTFS, if it's FAT32, max. file size is 4Gb, I think, which could well lead to an error message like this one, assuming the BluRay rip is over 4Gb.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds