Eye icon in sys tray

Discussion in 'Software' started by issueswithyou, Jan 20, 2006.

1. issueswithyou

issueswithyou Private E-2

I closed out a program and saw an eye moving over a sys tray icon. I ran my mouse over it and it said, "cleaning cookies with nuts in them." I have searched the forums and googled it but no help there. And HJT log came out clean. Any help would be great. XP SP2

2. nokia

nokia Private E-2

Mmmmm,sorry,I cant help,but it sure is strange and suspicious.....nuts??
    Ill be following this one ,for sure...

3. issueswithyou

Man I know! I am starting to suspect the worst here. More info, XP Home, 2.8 P4, 1 gig ram, 80 gig and 250 gig hard drives.

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

What system tray icon had the 'eye'? Was it the systray icon for the program you had just closed out?

5. issueswithyou

No, I closed out Counter-strike, steam was still running. The icon appeared over the winpatrol icon.

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

See what's listed in the Startup tab in msconfig. (start, run and type it in)

What cookie or privacy programs do you have?

How many times has this icon appeared, and was it when you were online?

7. issueswithyou

Nothing odd in start up other than two non-labeled tasks. Both running out of HKCU/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion...... folder. I am running zone alarm firewall, and the maxthon browser, and run through a router. I have a dsl connection so I was connected when said problem came up.

8. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It's a function of Winpatrol.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds