EZ-BIOS/ recognize full 30gigs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rooster, May 11, 2005.

1. Rooster

Rooster Private E-2

P2 233 160 mb ram, 30gig Western Digital HD.
    I have finally wiped my hard drive clean (with the help from the message board) and began to re-install Win98SE. I must have changed something in the EZ-BIOS. It says Type "Auto", Cylinders"16383", Heads "16", Sectors "63" and max capacity 8455mb. I thought that was strange but went on to install Win98SE. After installation, I examined the hard drive and I only see 8.4 gigs of 30gig HD. I went through this before with success. I just can't figure out how to set the BIOS to recognize the full 30gigs.
    Any suggestions?

Doug

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Repartition the drive. Don't use EZ-BIOS, it is unneeded. Win98SE can use the entire drive without using EZ-BIOS.

3. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

with windows 98SE you shold be using Fdisk and Format to partition and format your whole drive, enabling large disk suppport--OR run a hard drive manufacturers disk tools that allow you to format.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds