F@H GPU Sleeping..... lazy &^%$£!

Discussion in 'Software' started by DavidGP, Jan 7, 2011.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Well just installed my replacement GPU in a GTX570 and re-installed the Drivers from scratch (used Driver Sweeper) and re-installed latest GPU driver from nVidia 263.09 series.

Now the F@H GPU client states its sleeping!!! well thats not going to get any WUs done!

So anyone come across this and a fix?

Windows 7 x64
    6GB DDR3
    Raid0
    nVidia GTX570

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Can you post your log file David?
    If you have some errors, that may cause the problem.

3. DavidGP

HI John

Cheers for looking that this as this is not my strong point, I fold and thats it, not into the funky weird WU stuff ;)

See attached log

Attached Files:

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

[20:17:40] CoreStatus = 63 (99)
    [20:17:40] + Error starting Folding@Home core.
    [20:17:40]
    Folding@Home will go to sleep for 1 day as there have been 5 consecutive Cores executed which failed to complete a work unit.
    [20:17:40] (To wake it up early, quit the application and restart it.) My BOLD
    [20:17:40] If problems persist, please visit our website at http://folding.stanford.edu for help.
    [20:17:40] + Sleeping...

Very tail end of your log David shows something is causing the cores to fail.
    You can try the quitting and restarting.
    However, since this is a new install of vid card, I would delete entire GPU FAH application and reinstall. Make sure you have the GPU 3 client.

5. DavidGP

Hi John

Will do and do this tomorrow as late-ish here and will report back, Cheers Mate as usual :)

EDIT: John great stuff and idea as uninstall the client again and this time delete the app data folder and then a ccleaner and registry clean, then reinsall the GPU3 client and all is well again in WU land.

Cheers my friend.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  6. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

:clap:clap on the reinstall and WU production.

Ought to be some bad a$$ points out of that card.;)

7. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Jeez man, when you say clean man you mean clean!:-D FAH does not need and needs none of that. If you come across a bad WU, delete the work folder, unitinfo and queue and restart. Works all the time for me.:)

Don't forget that you are running a beta for all those extra points, a damn good beta but a beta nonetheless which occasionally gums up. If you want a no brainer then install one of the regular clients as a service, no muss or fuss but a lot of fewer points. Your choice Dave.

8. DavidGP

You know me Augie, like to hang my butt over the edge, so will stick with the beta client as its seeming to work ok so far, I dont have the usage all the way up for now as just keeping a track of the temps of the whole PC so far.

May add another fan to the top of the case later.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds